Ocean Resort Casino to Ride Hard Rock Wave, Announces Same June 28 Opening Date
Ocean Resort Casino to Ride Hard Rock Wave, Announces Same June 28 Opening Date
Ocean Resort Casino is opening June 28, the day that is same Hard Rock, in what’s most likely to become Atlantic City’s unofficial begin to the 2018 summer.
Ocean Resort Casino is always to open its doors in June on the very same day as its neighbor down the Boardwalk.
Though summer technically begins a week previously June 21, the opening of Ocean Resort and intense Rock on the same time should attract a mob of visitors to nj-new Jersey’s beachfront gambling hub.
Ocean Resort, the revel that is former and Hard Rock, the former Trump Taj Mahal, are just a short walk in one another.
Ocean Resort was acquired in by Colorado developer Bruce Deifik’s Integrated Properties for $200 million from Glenn Straub january. The house, which cost $2.4 billion to construct but shut lower than two and a years that are half its 2014 opening, had been sold to Straub in bankruptcy just for $82 million.
Deifik’s team is overhauling the resort at a cost that is unknown make it more attractive than its previous incarnation. The smoking ban is being lifted, two-night weekend that is minimum are no more, pedestrian traffic flow is being made simpler, and the general ‘stuffy’ customer support is transformed to ‘treat people with respect,’ Deifik recently told the Associated Press.
After rumors emerged that Ocean Resort Casino ended up being considering opening the day that is same tricky Rock, Deifik confirmed just as much in a statement issued on Monday.
What to anticipate
The complete 6.4 million-square-foot Ocean Resort Casino is ‘undergoing a property refresh,’ in accordance with Deifik.
Notable new features are the world’s topgolf that is largest Swing Suite that offers simulated golf games, renovated 5,500-seat Ovation Hall theater, brand new day and nightclubs, spa, and 16 dining establishments.
Though smoking will be permitted in designated sections of the casino flooring, Ocean Resort hopes to become more family-friendly at the time that is same. a kid-focused eatery called ‘Cereal Town’ where kiddies can have ‘cereal from around the globe’ is one particular ploy to get parents in the doors.
The casino will span 138,000 square feet. Before gaming operations can begin, the state Casino Control Commission will need to review a suggestion from the Division of Gaming Enforcement and hold a hearing.
Cause for Celebration
Hard Rock Atlantic City bought the shuttered Taj from billionaire Carl Icahn in March 2017 for $50 million. The Seminole-owned company is spending more than $500 million turning the resort into a rock ‘n’ roll-themed destination.
Gambling, according to rough Rock CEO Jim Allen, will come second.
‘ As soon as we announced we had a different view point,’ Allen said last month that we were going to step in the Atlantic City gaming market. ‘It’s not about video gaming. It’s about entertainment.’
But Atlantic City is about gaming, and while Allen is residing up to their claim by scheduling 300 concerts and shows in one, the resort’s future will likely heavily depend on revenues generated inside the casino year.
The seven remaining casinos have posted back-to-back annual gaming that is gross wins after suffering nine years of declines that saw five resorts shutter. The reopening of two Atlantic City casinos is reason to celebrate, but with caution.
Anthony Marino, a former professor at Stockton University, wrote in the Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming quarterly publication last thirty days that the new resorts have lots of wow element. He thinks they will attract new site visitors to Atlantic City, and never simply poach from existing properties.
‘The new arrivals to the Atlantic City tourism market can certainly be anticipated to generate publicity that is considerable large crowds,’ Marino concluded.
Derek Stevens’ Downtown Casino Plans Head to Las Vegas Preparing Commission
Derek Stevens, owner of the ‘The D’ and Golden Gate in downtown nevada, has submitted intends to the Las Vegas Planning Commission for his mystical Fremont Street project, that will be the first brand new resort and casino to be built from the bottom up downtown since 1980. The commission is scheduled to have a series of votes in the plans on Tuesday.
Natural-born showman Derek Stevens has been unusually quiet about their plans for the corner of Fremont and Main, but Las Vegas Mayor, Carolyn Goodman, has guaranteed they will ‘blow the lid off everything’ and complete the regeneration of downtown. (Image: Las Vegas Review-Journal)
Stevens has been uncharacteristically tight-lipped about the development, which, because far as we know, does not yet have a name that is official. What we do know for sure, from requirements submitted to the commission, is that the casino that is 1,224,485-square-foot hotel will be 459-feet-tall, with 777 visitor rooms and 117,740 square feet of gaming space.
The property will have a parking that is 1,526-space across Main Street that are going to be linked to the casino via a sky bridge. Other features consist of a rooftop lounge, a sports book, a ballroom with conference space, 1xbahis giriş a nightclub, several pubs and restaurants, a pool and spa.
However the description may not justice do it. According to Mayor Carolyn Goodman recently, the project will transform the west end of Fremont Street and ‘blow the lid off everything.’
The casino will rise from the rubble of the historic Las Vegas Club, which had stood on the corner of Fremont and Main since 1949, until it was purchased by Stevens and their brother, Greg Stevens, and demolished last year.
Additionally bulldozed into the true title of progress ended up being the Mermaids gambling enterprises and Glitter Gulch Strip Club, as well as the ‘Vegas Vicky’ neon cowgirl.
Stevens recently hinted that ‘Grandissimo’ could be a name for the project. Jay Sarno, whom built Caesars Palace, envisaged a resort that is mega the city with that name, but the plan never stumbled on fruition, and now Stevens has the liberties to the name.
‘The name, the story, the innovation and imagination of Jay Sarno is so important in the reputation for Las Vegas,’ he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal in before adding Gramdissimo was just one possibility and that he remained undecided february.
Downtown has enjoyed a revival in the last few years and Stevens believes his task will attract even more visitors far from the Strip. Despite the location getting a revamp with of a bunch of non-gaming attractions, most downtown that is recent have been remodels or refurbishments.
The last brand-new casino to be built from the floor up was the Sundance in 1980, which later became the leprechaun-themed Fitzgerald’s, and then, in 2012, Stevens’ own D Las Vegas.
The Las Vegas City Council will have the final say, with a vote expected next month if Stevens’ plans receive planning commission sign-off.
Steve Wynn No Longer Has Control Over Namesake Company, Massachusetts Gaming Commission Rules
Based on the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), the relationship between Steve Wynn and his casino that is former company been successfully dissolved.
The Steve Wynn signature no longer accompanies the $2.5 billion integrated resort in Everett, Massachusetts, which is now called Encore Boston Harbor. (Image: Chris Christo/Boston Herald)
In a ruling released this week, state regulators concluded that the billionaire’s previous ownership and executive capacity at Wynn Resorts doesn’t have any bearing regarding the future of the business’s $2.5 billion built-in resort being built in Everett called Encore Boston Harbor.
The five-member MGC said presented evidence led to their determination that Steve Wynn is no longer an ‘individual qualifier,’ or person with an interest that is professional the Massachusetts gaming license issued to Wynn MA, LLC.
Though he continues to maintain he committed no wrongdoing, Wynn resigned in February after numerous allegations of sexual misconduct made against came to light. In belated March, the disgraced Las Vegas visionary sold his entire stake within the company he founded in 2002.
The MGC said Steve Wynn ‘is not an officer or director of Wynn Resorts, and accordingly, they can no longer exercise control or provide direction. in a statement’
However, the commission added that due to Wynn’s 12 % stock ownership at the time of the beginning of March, he’d be entitled to rights that are voting the business’s annual shareholders conference scheduled for May 16. The MGC says upon verification that Steve Wynn will perhaps not exercise their straight to vote, ‘he are de-designated as a qualifier.’
Win for Wynn Resorts
The MGC conclusion is the first victory that is major brand new Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox. His company remains under investigation by their state gaming board that is regulatory to whether it’s suitable to put up a casino license.
But the MGC getting rid of Steve Wynn’s name from the operating license, conditioned on his presumed decision to not vote at this thirty days’s shareholder conference, basically says the Encore Boston Harbor no longer has any association to the casino tycoon that is former.
‘Steve Wynn is not Wynn Resorts,’ Maddox declared last month to the MGC. In this week’s adjudicatory ruling, it seems the video gaming commission agrees.
The MGC’s Investigations and Enforcement Bureau continues to probe whether Wynn Resorts executives and/or board members knew concerning the sexual allegations, most specifically a $7.5 million settlement payment made in 2005 to a manicurist who claimed she had been forced into having sex with the billionaire. The check was written from a shell limited liability company called Entity Y LLC.
During the bidding process, Massachusetts gaming regulators determined Wynn Resorts and connected qualifiers that are individual ‘suitable’ for licensure. The MGC specifically noted that Steve Wynn had been ‘highly ethical,’ and ‘a perfectionist who is passionate about every thing he does.’
MGC Chairman Stephen Crosby said in the wake of the bombshell allegations that ‘the people of Massachusetts have the straight to understand what the hell happened.’
Wynn Resorts will wait patiently to see in which the commission’s investigation comes down. In the meantime, the business is implementing an insurance policy that needs all executives and board members to notify their legal team within 48 hours of any communication with Steve Wynn, which in turn will disclose such communication to your MGC.